Why come to Samoa? Why come to Savaii?
- Savaii provides the ultimate tourist destination spot to a variety of holiday goers. Whether its relaxing in the sun on a white sandy beach, exploring ancient mounds and hiking to breathtaking waterfalls or getting into the thick of things with some local Samoan Cultural activities, Savaii boasts to offer you the best the Samoa has.
Our top 5 favourite not to miss spots on the island
- The Taga Blowholes!
A site not to be missed! Where lava meets the ocean, swells shoot jetstreams of sea water up to 30 feet into the air !
- Afua’au Waterfall
A great place to cool off on a hot day, crystal clear water cascades down a valley into a natural formed rock pool. Certain times of the year the waterfall can be reduced to a trickle but a natural underground spring ensures the pool is always full and cold! A great picnic spot for a day!
- Swimming with the turtles at Satoalepai
This may be one of few places in the world where you can get upclose and personal with a turtle. These are rescued by a family in the village, off fisherman and a program with our ministry of environment sees turtles released back into the wild after a period of time.
- Letui pe’ape’a (swiftlet) cave/lavatube
A popular stop with cave and bird lovers. This naturally formed lavatube/cave houses a population of local swiftlet birds. Almost extinct in the earlier 90s after 2 of our worst cyclones- the swiftlet population have now recovered with a steady rise seen in pockets around the island.
- Falealupo Canopy walkway
The famous Falealupo canopy walkway affords views of miles of surrounding forest from the treetop of the forest . A project between the village and some good samaritans, miles of forest were rescued from logging by constructing an income generating activity for the village who run this site. You climb meters up our huge and old banyon trees on a carefully constructed stairway and get to cross over bridges of walkway suspended high in the air.
Other activities available at the Savaiian
- Beaches – Although the Savaiian Hotel does not have a swimming beach, sandy beaches are only a 10 minute drive away! Faga and Lano beaches are a short trip North of our location, and boast several beachfale sandy fronts where one can laze the hours of the day away getting a tan or snorkelling!
Faga Beach- a 10 minute drive north!
- Kayaks can be hired at the front desk. Singles and double available.Challenge yourself to kayak out to a small neat little rocky island only a few hundred meters from our waterfront!
- Snorkeling gear is also available for hire to explore the waterfront coral reefs – we have some beautiful snorkeling spots out by our reef though they are honestly suited to the keen snorkeler. Our reef is a safe but long distance out- about 40 minutes paddle by Kayak. Once there, you can park up on a sandbank and snorkel to your hearts delight! Those that have done it have experienced the beautiful coral reef area of lalomalava!
Actual Picture of our waterfront about 100meters out from our deck.
- Library – free use of library books
- Ice cream parlour – 200 meters walk
Tip Top Ice cream parlour a short walk from our main entrance.
- Wireless internet is sold in 1 hour prepaid cards! Allowing you to keep in touch with your loved ones
- Karaoke is available for free at our bar!For those avid singers!! Why not – give it a go! You’re in Samoa- in Savaii, no one will ever know about your night on the mic!!
- Tours are arranged at the front desk – we offer round the island tours as well as local Samoan Village tours so that you don’t miss out on a glimpse of our traditional Samoan ways that have survived through hundreds of years.